IF YOU, or SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT, IS HAVING PROBLEMS related to divorce, custody, child support, paternity fraud or domestic relations in general, click here...
Saturday May 12, 2012 - UPDATE
Shared Parenting Bill Will Increase Parenting Time for Each Parent
House File 322
Call and Email Governor - CRITICAL
The Governor has NOT signed the bill yet. He has 14 days to sign the bill. Our opposition has been “unleashed” and they are making calls to the Governor to VETO our bill. Supporters must make MORE calls than opponents.
It is CRITICAL that you (and as many other people as possible) contact the Governor and ask him to SIGN House File 322 to increase the parenting time for both FIT parents. You don't need to call or email more than once but if you haven't done it yet - just do it! And if you haven't asked others you know to call the Governor - we need all the help we can get!
Telephone: 651-201-3400, Toll Free: 800-657-3717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You MUST know at least 5-10-20 people in your own family or circle of friends who you can ask to do this as well – pass this request along to others. When you call just say “please sign house file 322 to increase parenting time.” The Governors office is tracking the number of calls “for” and “against.” We must make sure they get enough calls “for” this bill. It’s an easy and quick call.
Use your own words when calling and emailing the Governor. But MAKE A STRONG PLEA TO PASS THIS BILL. Here is an example:
Please sign HF322 to increase presumptive parenting time for FIT parents. The bill is a good bill for the children of MN. Without the bill children will continue to be deprived of one parent without just cause. This bill adequately protects the safety of women and this bill is in the best interests of children. Children need both parents. This is the peoples bill. Please sign HF322. It is a bill with wide spread public interest and it is a non partisan bill with bi-partisan support. The children of MN need this bill.
(Those that are long time DFLers and voted for Gov Dayton should say so.)
Then leave your name, city, and phone number
The final bill will increase the presumptive parenting time to 35%.
It would go into effect July 2013 for new cases and July 2014 for existing cases.
There will be much more news to follow about what happened, why it happened, what this means, and what will happen next year, etc
Any questions contact Molly Olson at JPCeffort@cpr-mn.org
Continue to PRAY LIKE YOU’VE NEVER PRAYED that God will provide the best possible bill for the children of Minnesota. As a faith based organization, we ask you to join us in prayer.
- Pray that God will part the waters
- Pray for a hedge of protection against the opposition
- Pray that God will soften the hearts of those who oppose (like the Grinch coming down the mountain!)
- Pray that citizens interested in reform will do their part - pray "raise up" the person who will lead the effort in 2013
- Praise God we made it this far under "impossible" circumstances created by the opposition
- Pray the Governor signs the bill - that God will give him the encouragement he needs to SIGN this bill
- Pray we can all forgive those who trespass against us on this very important issue
- Pray that God will use this whole process to turn people’s hearts toward God: “Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)
- Pray that what the enemy (opposition) meant for evil, God will turn to good
- Pray that God will bless all families and all children and protect them from the destruction of family court
- READ Psalm 26 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+26&version=NIV
Forward this to others